The Construction Bar Association is delighted to invite you to attend its fifth major open conference event at 1.30pm on Friday 28th April, 2017 (registration from 1.00pm) in The Atrium – Distillery Building on Church Street.
The opening address shall be delivered by Mark Sanfey SC, Chairman of the CBA. Keynote speakers include Sir Antony Edwards-Stuart, former Judge of the High Court of England and Wales and former Judge in Charge of the Technology and Construction Court, and the Hon. Mr Justice Peter Kelly, President of the High Court. The Hon. Mr Justice Brian McGovern shall chair the “Resolving Construction Disputes” section of the conference. The Conference will address a broad range of topics, which will be of interest to solicitors, barristers, construction professionals, contractors, construction dispute resolution practitioners and all of those interested in construction law as follows:
- “The operation of the TCC” – Sir Antony Edwards-Stuart
- “Response from the Irish perspective” – The Hon Mr Justice Peter Kelly, President of the High Court.
- “Recent developments in construction procurement” – Catherine Donnelly BL
- “Resurgence in property and construction: a planning law perspective” – Neil Steen SC
- “Issues arising from Clauses 10.6 and 10.7 of the Public Works Contracts” – Gerard Meehan BL
- “The ‘do’s’ and ‘don’ts’ of a successful construction mediation” – Helen Kilroy, Solicitor
- “The application of the Arbitration Act, 2010 by the Irish courts: recent developments” – David Barniville SC
- “Rules of Court/procedures relevant to construction claims” – Lydia Bunni BL
The conference is a half-day event, and will finish at approximately 5.30pm with a drinks reception in The Sheds Bar, Distillery Building.
ATTENDANCE: 4 CPD POINTS
We look forward to seeing you there. If you have any queries below contact please contact Rose Fisher, Tel: 01-817 5166 or email@example.com.