Members are reminded that Niav O’Higgins, Partner – Arthur Cox will deliver her paper on the topic of “Contracting in Construction – Current Trends” at 8:30 am, Wednesday 8th March 2017 (registration from 08:15 am) in The Sheds, The Law Library Distillery Building, 145 – 151 Church Street, Dublin 7. Niav’s paper will address the following array of current issues in the practice of construction law and dispute resolution:
- Construction Activity
- Current ‘hot’ areas
- Key areas / sectors of growth
- Forms of Contract
- Procurement models
- Use of standard forms
- Typical amendments in market
- Requirement for performance security
- Parent Company Guarantees
- Collateral Warranties
- Influence of funders?
- Managing BCAR through contracts / appointments
- BCAR roles?
- “practical completion”?
- Changes to payment practices following CCA 2013?
- Dispute resolution
- Final dispute resolution forum – arbitration / courts?
- Impact of adjudication?
The CBA are delighted that Niav has taken on this burden and that she has generously chosen to address such a variety of important and relevant issues. As usual copies of the paper, refreshments and CPD points shall be available for all attendees. We look forward to seeing you there.